Friday, December 5, 2008

Kobenhavn aka Copenhagen


I've now been in Copenhagen for about 5 days. My knee seems to be healing, despite my daily bike treks throughout the city. I have been avoiding using the injured one while pedaling.

Copenhagen is expensive. Similar in prices to Paris... some things even more. The taxes are outrageous, and from what I hear from the Danes, many of the policies seem to only promote business in bordering countries. For example, Danish beer is cheaper in Germany than in Denmark!

The weather is predictable: wet, cold, and windy. The sun sets just after 4pm, severely limiting time for me to explore in light. Ive managed to find the famous mermaid, the main shopping streets, picturesque canal houses, and the famous Christiania sector. The bike traffic is very similar to that of Amsterdam, but the Danes seem to be better drivers than the Dutch.

To get a break from this gloomy weather, I have decided to go to Barcelona for 3 days next week. It's not really warm there, but atleast Ill see a bit of Mediterranean sunshine.

1 comment:

kas said...

hey from another casa robino satellite...in barcelona now at can masdeu, drop a line when you get here and we can have a casa reunion.

karmakas@gmail.com
karma-kas.blogspot.com