Monday, December 15, 2008

Earthquake!!!! ...in Denmark?

This morning I woke up to find myself being shaken back and forth in bed.

Having never experienced an earthquake, my mind was seeking every possibility for this feeling.

A train has crashed...

The building is crumbling...

The wind is really strong...

I sat up and noticed that Michael had also been disturbed by the jolts.

"Is this an Earthquake???" I queried.

"I think so! I dont think this building can withstand one... it may collapse!" Michael beckoned as he got out of bed and gazed out of the window as if to see a city in turmoil.

It lasted for what seemed about 25 seconds. We then laughed about the scenario and went back to sleep. Michael told me to remind him about it in the morning because otherwise he will think it was a dream. Of all places to experience my first earthquake.... Copenhagen, Denmark was not a likely suspect!

The epicenter was in southern Sweden, about 40 miles away. It was a 4.7 on the Richter Scale.

I had earthquake dreams for the remainder of the morning.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great adventure!
Have a safe trip and best wishes for the new year.
(from Ai in NY)